The Dallas Cowboys will be without La’el Collins when the team plays against the Los Angeles Rams to start the season Sunday night.
The team announced they placed the offensive tackle and linebacker Sean Lee on injured reserve. Neither will be eligible to return for three weeks.
Collins has been dealing with a hip injury that caused him to miss most of training camp. He has only missed one game in the last three years.
Here’s other news, injuries and transactions we’re tracking on Monday:
- Buffalo Bills general manager Brandon Beane confirmed running back Lamar Miller will be in for a visit.
- Big news for the Cleveland Browns offensive line. Coach Kevin Stefanski said center JC Tretter is back at practice after dealing with a knee injury. He underwent surgery in August.
- Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz told reporters that his groin tightness from last week feels better now and the injury is behind him.
- The New York Jets are putting wideout Jeff Smith on injured reserve, NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reported, per a source. He suffered a shoulder sprain last month, but should be ready when eligible to return in three weeks. The team also placed offensive lineman Cameron Clark, linebacker Patrick Onwuasor, wideout Vyncint Smith and defensive lineman Jabari Zuniga on IR. They signed offensive lineman Josh Andrews, tight end Dan Brown, and defensive backs Matthias Farley and Nate Hairston to the active roster.
- The Cincinnati Bengals re-signed cornerback Torry McTyer to the active roster and placed cornerback Trae Waynes on the Reserve/Injured list, the team announced. Coach Zac Taylor told reporters he expects wideout A.J. Green (hamstring) to be a full-go Sunday.
- The Detroit Lions placed running back Bo Scarbrough on injured reserve. Scarbrough’s injury is undisclosed.
- Jacksonville Jaguars coach Doug Marrone says defensive lineman Taven Bryan (knee) looked good at practice today. The team is trying to bring him back slowly. Marrone also confirmed running back Devonta Freeman was in for a visit Sunday. He said they will see where it goes.
- Arizona Cardinals running back Kenyan Drake said the walking boot he had on in camp wasn’t a big deal and that he was out of it in a couple of days. His health isn’t a concern for him he said.
- The New York Giants are set to release cornerback Deandre Baker, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source. Baker was on the Commissioner’s Exempt list after charges with 4 counts of armed robbery.
- Los Angeles Rams coach Sean McVay said he is “optimistic” that running back Darrell Henderson will be ready to go for Sunday Night against the Cowboys.
- The New England Patriots are promoting rookie LB Cassh Maluia to the team’s 53-man roster, Pelissero reported.